• Melbourne CBD Based
• Full and Part Time roles
• Deliver Strategic Impact for a Peak Services Body
Dairy Australia Ltd is involved in research and development, promotion, trade, issues management and information management. It focuses on growing an internationally competitive, innovative and sustainable dairy industry with the aim of delivering the world’s best service.
The Trade and Industry Strategy Group undertake a broad range of activities to support a number of internal and external stakeholders. These include:
• Encouraging more favourable markets for dairy exports
• Building preferences for Australian dairy products domestically
• Providing technical support to industry and government on policy issues
• Analysing market trends associated with production and consumption
• Developing accessible knowledge bases on future drivers of industry profitability and sustainability
• Fostering a positive regulatory and policy environment across the dairy supply chain.
The organisation is seeking three policy officers in the following areas:
• Animal Health and Welfare (full time)
• Natural Resource Management (part time)
• Food Integrity (part time)
The Policy Officers will be accountable for work programs in relation to the development of policy and regulatory aspects in association within their specific portfolio. In addition, the roles will also actively contribute to the implementation of strategic work programs within the portfolios. Outputs will include policy research, analysis and advise, the development of evidence based policy proposals, the monitoring of policy developments, industry and government consultation and the fostering of strategic alliance with other organisations.
To be considered for one of these roles, you will have tertiary qualifications in Agricultural Economics, Science, Public Policy or other appropriate discipline or equivalent experience in a similar role. In addition, you will possess a good understanding of policy and regulatory developments in agriculture and food sector associated with Animal Health and Welfare, Water and Natural Resource Management or Food and Genetic Integrity. You will be able to demonstrate project management skills in a multi disciplinary and cross functional team environment, including the ability to develop, implement manage and delivery of policy programs. Some domestic travel is likely, predominantly to Canberra.
For further information please contact our retained search consultants, Weskay Consulting on 03 8199 6979 or email firstname.lastname@example.org